Canine Reproduction Services Provided
- Breeding education and counseling
- Male and female breeding soundness exams
- Ovulation timing with in-house progesterone testing
- Artificial insemination (vaginal and transcervical)
- Semen collection/evaluation and chilled shipment
- Male and female infertility workups
- Pregnancy diagnosis and management
- Cesarean section
Frequently Asked Questions
A bitch should be seen 5-6 days after she begins spotting to perform initial staging and to determine a plan of action based on the type of semen being used, the method of insemination, and the availability of the stud dog. We have in-house progesterone testing and receive same-day results.
Bitches are typically inseminated while standing, and with no need for sedation. An endoscope is placed in the vagina and used to visualize the cervix, and a small catheter is passed through the cervical opening and up a uterine horn, where the semen is deposited. The procedure is painless and non-inflammatory, and can be performed more than once during a cycle.